Our racing performance pedigree that is so much part of Cosworth’s heritage, is clearly demonstrated in this comprehensive range of brake pads.
Manufactured in the United Kingdom, Cosworth brake pads feature a 1.5mm granulated interlayer which not only serves to act as a “shock absorber”, helping to reduce stress on the rotor surface but triples bonding strength so diminishing edge lifting.
To reduce the “bedding-in” or “seating-in” time – this is the time it takes for the pad and disc to adapt to each other – all Cosworth brake pads are heat seared. This process heats the friction material to in excess of 600°C, “toasting” the surface, greatly enhancing the performance the first time that the driver applies the brakes. Scorching pads also significantly reduces initial fading – fading increases the necessary force and pressure required to maintain the deceleration of the vehicle.
– Extremely high friction level 0.7Mì friction coefficient
– Strong brake effect through 800°C
– “Vee” line expansion groove technology – superb debris clearance
– Fitted with premium quality shim hardware – silent braking
– Durability Factor 9.5 with minimal rotor abrasion
– Super fast “bed-in” typically under 2 laps
– Heat stable, predictable & heat cycle exceptionally well
– This track formulation CAN be safely used on highways except in Europe where ECE R 90 approvals are required. This pad has too much brake effect to be compliant with these regulations.