Manufactured in the United Kingdom, Cosworth brake pads feature a 1.5mm granulated interlayer which not only serves to act as a “shock absorber”, helping to reduce stress on the rotor surface but triples bonding strength so diminishing edge lifting.
To reduce the “bedding-in” or “seating-in” time – this is the time it takes for the pad and disc to adapt to each other – all Cosworth brake pads are heat seared. This process heats the friction material to in excess of 600°C, “toasting” the surface, greatly enhancing the performance the first time that the driver applies the brakes. Scorching pads also significantly reduces initial fading – fading increases the necessary force and pressure required to maintain the deceleration of the vehicle.
– Track day driving
– Extremely high friction level 0.7Mì friction coefficient
– Strong brake effect through 800°C
– “Vee” line expansion groove technology – superb debris clearance
– Fitted with premium quality shim hardware – silent braking
– Durability Factor 9.5 with minimal rotor abrasion
– Super fast “bed-in” typically under 2 laps
– Heat stable, predictable & heat cycle exceptionally well
– This track formulation CAN be safely used on highways except in Europe where ECE R 90 approvals are required. This pad has too much brake effect to be compliant with these regulations.